The Exo Terra large wide terrarium is one of the largest terrariums in the Exo Terra series. It can house numerous reptiles and amphibians. Its large size, its modern design, and its solidity and durability thanks to the quality of the materials used in its construction allow its owner to create complex natural habitats capable of representing a portion of tropical forest or an oasis in the desert.
The terrarium is the most important aspect of the success of reptile breeding. Many species have different requirements, so a versatile and easy-to-adapt terrarium is essential to meet your needs.
Exo Terra Large Wide Terrarium.
Reptile tanks of the well-known Exo Terra brand are excellent terrariums. The company produces a wide range of premium quality glass terrariums that meet the needs of the vast majority of the most popular pet reptiles in the United States. Its flagship product, the Exo Terra Terrarium is long and wide. It measures 36 inches long, 18 inches deep, and 18 inches wide. With a capacity of just over 40 gallons. This measure can be a little hard to remember so marketers label them simply as 40-gallon reptile tanks.
- Size and shape: This 40-gallon tank, of rectangular shape, adapts easily to small and medium reptiles, such as leopard geckos, crested geckos, and young bearded dragons. Either you set up a minimalist or natural decoration, it will be a comfortable accommodation for your pet. Another plus is the easy cleaning and maintenance, besides bringing beauty to the surrounding decoration.
- Durability: The strength and durability of this terrarium come from the use of premium materials in all its elements. For this purpose, first-class glass is used, as well as columns and upper mesh, which are made of reinforced metal for greater solids. Its moving parts such as the lock and the hinges have been tested to measure its resistance to fatigue and closing failures, obtaining excellent performances.
- Safety: The double ventilation system guarantees the correct circulation of air inside the terrarium. This contributes to the health and safety of the reptile, maintaining a correct balance between the relative humidity and temperature throughout the terrarium, making our reptile not lose appetite. Another point in favor is the presence of closures both in the front doors, as in the upper part, which avoids the possible escape of our pet, the escape of live food, and the access of predators.
- Price: There are indeed other 40 gallon terrariums with a slightly lower price. But we must remember that we are talking about the Exo terra large Wide, which is considered by many to be the best terrarium on the market. The high quality usually comes at a high price. It is up to you whether you want to buy a premium terrarium or explore other options.
Exo Terra Large Wide Pros and Cons
- Sturdy and durable terrarium made of premium materials.
- Dual front opening doors for quick access and lock system.
- Elevated waterproof base.
- Five entries allow connecting sensors inside the vivarium.
- The ventilation system prevents fogging.
- Natural 3D background matching Exo Terra items.
- High price
40-gallon Reptile Tank Versatility.
Thanks to its size and robustness, the Exo Terra 40-gallon tank can house many reptiles. Among the most popular are bearded dragons, crested geckos, and of course, leopard geckos. In the case of larger climbing reptiles, such as chameleons or Green Anole, I recommend the Exo Terra large X-Tall with dimensions 36¨x 18¨x 36¨. You can use this versatile full glass terrarium to set up desert and rain forest ecosystems, depending on your reptile natural habitat.
For that, you need to keep in mind factors such as heating or mist system, temperature and humidity control, adequate substrate, shelters, food, and water dishes, artificial and natural decoration as plants, rock, caves, etc. Thankfully, Exo Terra has a large set of items you may need. Here is a basic desert Exo Terra large wide terrarium set up.
- Exo Terra 36¨x 18¨x 18¨Full Glass Terrarium.
- Under Tank heater Exo Terra 11¨ x 17.
- Sand Mat Exo Terra 35.5¨ x 17.5¨.
- Zoo Med Labs Digital Thermometer Humidity Gauge.
- Century Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Controller.
- Reptile caves (2).
- Exo Terra Water well 250 ml
- Worm Dish.
- Some desert ground plants.
Exo Terra Large Wide for Sale.
You can buy it today from home through Amazon.com. This product is currently in the 62nd position of the reptile terrariums and has a rating of 3 out of 5 with a total of 101 reviews on Amazon.
Exo Terra Glass Terrarium Tank - 24 x 18 x 24 Inches
- Glass terrarium for reptiles or amphibians
- Patented front window ventilation
- Raised bottom frame in order to fit a substrate heater; Waterproof bottom
- Dual doors for escape-free access
- Closable inlets for wires and/or tubing management
- Reptile Terrarium Dimensions: 24 W x 18 D x 24 H inches (60 x 45 x 60 centimeter)