Hello, if you have come to our post, you are surely planning to take care of a leopard gecko and you are looking for the best leopard gecko starter kit money can buy. If so and this is your first scaly pet you may need some help when it comes to selecting your first starter kit for your little friend.
If you are just getting started in the reptile world, the leopard gecko is an excellent choice. These animals are docile and very easy to care for and maintain. However, certain requirements must be met for your new friend to thrive healthy and happy.
Leopard Gecko Starter Kit Short List
1. Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit
The Leopard Gecko Starter Kit, from Exo Terra, is excellent. Recommended especially to hobbyists that start the caring of leopard geckos.
Its size, durability, and its unbeatable value for money, make it the tank for leopard geckos in 2023.
The Exo Terra leopard gecko starter kit comes with everything you need to accommodate an adult leopard gecko, such as:
Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit (10 Gallon)
- 10-gallon terrarium.
- Sliding top screen.
- 10-gallon sand mat.
- Under the tank heat pad.
- Analog thermometer.
- LED Day and Night Lighting Fixture.
- Water bowl.
- Hideout cave.
- Calcium with D3 and Multivitamins.
- Care Guide.
Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit (10 Gallon) Pros & Cons.
- Excellent product, solid, and durable.
- It presents frontal doors that facilitate all the operations inside the terrarium.
- Innovative ventilation system that guarantees a continuous flow of air.
- Includes everything needed to install a leopard gecko starter kit, from the substrate, feeders, cave to the under tank heater.
- Raised and waterproof base.
- A price according to the quality of the product that not everyone is willing to pay
2. Zila Leopard Gecko Starter Kit, desert version!
Zilla Reptile Starter Kit 10 with Light and Heat
- An ideal habitat for desert-dwelling animals.
- Size 10 glass terrarium with fresh air screen cover.
- Two 5.5” Reflective Dome.
- Light Fixtures.
- Night Black Incandescent and White Spot Bulb
Zilla Reptile Starter Kit 10 with Light and Heat Pros & Cons.
- Bargain price, any glass tank would cost much more than 70 dollars.
- A natural glass terrarium, with a perfect vision from any point.
- Resistant and solid tank.
- Includes heating lamps, a safe substrate, an artificial plant, a cave, and a water bowl.
- Bring lamps as a form of heating.
- For a leopard gecko, we recommend the use of under tank heaters.
- The base is not elevated, which makes it difficult to place the heater.
Before buying a Leopard Gecko Starter Kit.
It’s an almost perfect cage, but I want this review to be as honest as possible. One downside is that you can only have one adult leopard gecko in your tank. The dimensions of the starter kit are the minimum required for a leopard gecko to thrive. If you want to increase your number of reptiles, you should get a larger one, for example, the tank heater, capable of holding up to two females and one male.
The set of lighting to my understanding is unnecessary. Leopard geckos are nocturnal animals, so they do not need extra lighting. The LED bulbs are very economical, and their caloric contribution is zero.
The thermometer and the under-tank heat map are perfect, only that they should have included a thermostat to control the temperature automatically.
Beyond this, I would like to emphasize again that this leopard gecko starter kit is easy to set up. It contains everything necessary to house your reptile in a matter of minutes. It helps to save time and money, especially if you are starting in the world of reptiles.
Best Leopard Gecko Starter kit Features.
The most important thing when buying a terrarium is to know the advantages offered in comparison with others in the same range. The most outstanding are:
- An adjusted price: although there are cheaper tanks, there is none that offers the guarantees the quality of their materials or a design designed for the safety of your reptile that competes on value for money with the Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit. The durability makes them an economical option, your cage will remain perfect for many years.
- Perfect size for a Leopard Gecko: This tank model has the right dimensions. It is ideal for an adult leopard gecko and it has everything your reptile needs to feel comfortable.
- All glass terrarium: High quality, durable glass terrarium that requires minimal maintenance and allows optimal monitoring of your pet from virtually any angle.
- Retains heat and prevents fogging: dual ventilation system keeps the front glass free of condensation, also creates an optimal air and heat interchange in the terrarium.
- Waterproof base: All Exo Terra terrariums are waterproof, allowing the creation of complex ecosystems for all types of reptiles or amphibians.
- Raised button panel: The raised button panel facilitates the mounting of a substrate heater or heat cable to create optimal hot and cold spots
- Fast and easy tank setup: Tool-less assembly. Direct from the store in just a few minutes you will have your tank ready for your leopard gecko.
The leopard gecko starter kit will save you a lot of time and money. Although the Exo Terra and Zila starter kits are excellent for any beginner, it must be said that this is only the beginning.
As you gain more knowledge and confidence you will probably want to customize your terrarium. You may want to increase the size of the terrarium to about 20 gallons, or you may want to include a little more decoration.
But whether you choose the new Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit or the basic Zilla Starter Kit, either one will be a great home for your new reptile.
remember that pet ownership is a serious commitment and the life expectancy of your new friend is 15 to 20 years. So don’t think twice about providing the best possible habitat for your new reptile.