Hi, I guess you’re here because you plan to have your first leopard gecko. If it so, you might need a leopard gecko starter kit. Although it’s not the only option for you, this is the fastest and cheapest in the long run.
Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Features
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Excellent product, solid, and durable. It presents frontal doors that facilitate all the operations inside the terrarium. Innovative ventilation system that guarantees a continuous flow of air. Includes everything needed to install a leopard gecko starter kit, from the substrate, feeders, cave to the under tank heater. Raised and waterproof base.
- Cons: A price according to the quality of the product that not everyone is willing to pay.
Zila Leopard Gecko Starter Kit, desert version!
- An ideal habitat for desert-dwelling animals
- Size 10 glass terrarium with fresh air screen cover
- Two 5.5" Reflective Dome
- Light Fixtures
- Night Black Incandescent and White Spot Bulb
Pros and Cons
- Pros: Bargain price, any glass tank would cost much more than 55 dollars. A natural glass terrarium, with a perfect vision from any point. Resistant and solid tank. Includes heating lamps, a safe substrate, an artificial plant, a cave, and a water bowl.
- Cons: Bring lamps as a form of heating. For a leopard gecko, we recommend the use of under tank heaters. The base is not elevated, which makes it difficult to place the heater. Basic terrarium set up
The most important thing when buying a terrarium is to know the advantages offered in comparison with others in the same range. The most outstanding are:
- An adjusted price: although there are cheaper tanks, there is none that offers the guarantees the quality of their materials or a design designed for the safety of your reptile that competes on value for money with the Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Starter Kit. The durability makes them an economical option, your cage will remain perfect for many years.
- Perfect size for a Leopard Gecko: This tank model has the right dimensions. It is ideal for an adult leopard gecko and it has everything your reptile needs to feel comfortable.
- All glass terrarium: High quality, durable glass terrarium that requires minimal maintenance and allows optimal monitoring of your pet from virtually any angle.
- Retains heat and prevents fogging: dual ventilation system keeps the front glass free of condensation, also creates an optimal air and heat interchange in the terrarium.
- Waterproof base: All Exo Terra terrariums are waterproof, allowing the creation of complex ecosystems for all types of reptiles or amphibians.
- Raised button panel: The raised button panel facilitates the mounting of a substrate heater or heat cable to create optimal hot and cold spots
- Fast and easy tank setup: Tool-less assembly. Direct from the store in just a few minutes you will have your tank ready for your leopard gecko.
Before buying a Leopard Gecko Starter Kit.
It’s an almost perfect cage, but I want this review to be as honest as possible. One downside is that you can only have one adult leopard gecko in your tank. The dimensions of the starter kit are the minimum required for a leopard gecko to thrive. If you want to increase your number of reptiles, you should get a larger one, for example, the substrate heater, capable of holding up to two females and one male.
The set of lighting to my understanding is unnecessary. Leopard geckos are nocturnal animals, so they do not need extra lighting. The LED bulbs are very economical, and their caloric contribution is zero.
The thermometer and the under tank heat map are perfect, only that they should have included a thermostat to control the temperature automatically.
Beyond this, I would like to emphasize again that this leopard gecko starter kit is easy to set up. It contains everything necessary to house your reptile in a matter of minutes. It helps to save time and money, especially if you are starting in the world of reptiles.