There are many types of thermostats, from electro-mechanical (rheostats) to digital thermostats. The most modern ones can regulate the power offered and there are even those by current pulses. These are much more expensive and it would not make sense to use them in a reptile heating system.
Best Reptile Thermostats
Reptile Heating Pad With Thermostat
Reptile Thermostat Reviews
Reptile Dimming Thermostat
Dimming thermostats are generally used in heating systems consisting of UVA lamps and infrared lights. These temperature controllers are widely used in chameleon setups. Unlike ordinary thermostats, which completely cut off the power supply, the dimming thermostat reduces the amount of energy reaching the bulbs in order to adjust the room temperature.
Hagen Exo Terra Electronic Day/Night Thermostat (600 Watt)
- Dimming & Pulse Proportional function controls terrarium temperatures very accurately
- From 10°C up to 60°C (50°F – 140°F)
- Red LED and heating symbol will indicate when heating device is ON
- Push button/dial system to avoid accidental setting or tampering
Pulse thermostats are a more precise version of thermostats and regulate reptile heating devices by sending pulses of energy to the heating equipment. The thermostat will reduce or increase the frequency of these pulses to heat or cool the enclosure.
Best Reptile Thermostat on Amazon.com
- ✓ EFFORTLESS HEATING SETUP: Simply set the temperature probe, plug-in the controller, and use the large 3-button interface to choose your desired temperature setting. Digital display supports units in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Note: the controller is designed to have a 2-3 degree buffering zone before powering on again after reaching set temperature.
- ✓ EASE OF MIND: Handy LED heating and power indicator lights allow you to see the controller’s status even in total darkness. Controller features a convenient hanging tab, and a bright, easy-to-read display inside a tough plastic housing.
- ✓ RUGGED CONSTRUCTION: The cord for the temperature probe and grounded 3-prong plug measure an extended 6 feet in length, designed to suit almost any application you can imagine.
- ✓ VARIETY OF USES: Our thermostat controller can be used for seedling germination, rooting, brewing, heating, fermentation, and more, keeping your various environments in their ideal temperature range.
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: Our thermostat controller is ETL listed, and rigorously tested for quality control and safety. Conforms to UL Std No. 60730-1, 60730-2-9. Temperature control range is 40-108°F, temperature display range is 32 -140°F. Rated Voltage is 120VAC 60Hz, Max Loading: 8.3A 1000W. Do not immerse controller or probe into water.
BN-LINK Digital Heat Mat Thermostat Controller for Reptiles Heating Systems, 40-108°F, 8.3A Pros & Cons.
- Simple 3 Button Interface.
- Supports Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Digital Readout.
- Probe Length: 6 feet.
- Power Cord Length: 6 feet.
- Temperature control range: 40-108°F
- Temperature display range: 32 -140°F
- No Water Proof. Do not immerse controller or probe into water.
Before Buying a Reptile Thermostat
Before you jump out to get your reptile thermostat, consider the main issues you need to keep in mind.
The type of heater you plan to heat your reptile with.
There are several types of heaters and several types of thermostats, so compatibility may be an issue.
You should consider what type of heater you have and make sure it is compatible with the thermostat. Heat mats work best with digital thermostats, but heat lamps work best with dimming thermostats and ceramic heaters are suited to pulse thermostats.
The temperature range you need to reach
The temperature to control will depend on the type of reptile you have as a pet. Check that the temperature range of the thermostat matches the temperature your reptile needs.
Power delivering capability (resistive power).
The thermostat will have a maximum figure for the heater power it can control. If you buy a 100 watts ceramic heat emitter, you need to make sure the thermostat can handle it.
Multiple device control.
Some reptile thermostats can control two devices at the same time. This can be useful for maintaining different zones in the same tank or for use with one heating and one cooling device.
- 5 Best Reptile Humidifiers, Foggers & Misters in 2022 (Compared) - March 18, 2021
- ▷ Best Reptile Thermostats in 2022 - March 8, 2021
- ▷ Zilla Reptile Heating Pad, a Reliable Heat Source for your Gecko - March 5, 2021