If you plan to have a bearded dragon as a pet, you will need a large tank. If you are looking for a 75 gallon reptile tank at a good price you are in the right place. Here you will find excellent 75 gallon reptile tanks for sale, their main brands, features, and above all how to choose the best one at the lowest price.
75-gallon Reptile Tank Features.
The dimensions of a 75-gallon terrarium are generally measured in inches and its capacity in gallons. In the case of the 75-gallon reptile tank, the terrarium should measure 48″ Long x 18″ Deep x 20″ Wide. Measurements that are somewhat difficult to find in commercial reptile tanks.
Although among reptile breeders, the 75-gallon tank is very popular, the truth is that companies engaged in the production and marketing of terrariums do not usually produce terrariums of this capacity.
The only glass tank I found with these measures was the Tetra STS26923 Usa Reptile 75-Gallon Enclosure.
This reptile enclosure from TetraFauna is extremely durable and secure. One of the 3 cam locks can even be padlocked. To make it easy to connect accessories inside, the back frame of the enclosure is perforated so you can run the cable through without getting in the way.
Its main advantage is its size. It has a 75 gallon capacity, giving your reptiles plenty of room to run and be active. Its considerable area allows you to create warm and cold zones easily so that your animals have optimal development and are comfortable.
However, TetraFauna’s 75 gallon reptile tank lacks one feature to make it a premium large reptile enclosure.
The lack of front doors is an undeniable advantage in any reptile terrarium and even more so in large enclosures. The front doors greatly facilitate the feeding, cleaning, and maintenance work that we must carry out almost daily. That is why in my case I would prefer to buy a reptile terrarium with this feature.
75 gallon Reptile Tank best Alternatives.
Reptiles are different from other pets. They need to have special tanks where they can live and grow. For adult bearded dragons, the recommended tank size ranges from 50 to more than 75-gallons. They provide enough space where the reptile can happily and healthily live.
Factors to consider before buying a terrarium
- Size and shape: These must be adapted to the needs of each reptile, making their accommodation comfortable, easy cleaning and maintenance in addition to bringing beauty to the decoration of our home.
- Durability: The strength and durability of this terrarium come from the use of premium materials in all its elements. For this purpose, first-class glass is used, as well as columns and upper mesh, which are made of reinforced metal for greater solids. Its moving parts such as the lock and the hinges have been tested to measure its resistance to fatigue and closing failures, obtaining excellent performances.
- Safety: The double ventilation system guarantees the correct circulation of air inside the terrarium. This contributes to the health and safety of the reptile, maintaining a correct balance between the relative humidity and temperature throughout the terrarium, making our reptile not lose appetite.
- Affordable price: Quality always comes at a high price, and in the long run, higher quality saves money. But we must make sure that the money we are paying is really worth it.
Best Rated 75 Gallon Reptile Tank.
The best choice for a 40-gallon bearded dragon tank is this premium creation brought to us by REPTI ZOO, the REPTI ZOO 48″ x 24″ x 18″ Reptile Glass Terrarium. This great reptile habitat is perfect for all kinds of animals due to its exquisite design. With an easy assembly, dual front doors with a security lock, a raised base, and all over the glass walls, allowing 360 degrees see-through. Perfect to emulate an animal’s natural habitat.
This beautiful creation provides great built not only in physical appeal but as well for the great quality, long-lasting and durable purpose. It is composed of a steel foundation for tough built and sturdiness matched by the superb quality glass that can support any reptile and provide security for your reptile whenever he’s inside the beautiful and realistic habitat. The rectangular, spacious terrarium is perfect for medium-sized animals like juvenile bearded dragons.
REPTI ZOO 85 Gallon Reptile Glass Terrarium, 48" x 24" x 18"
- Size: 48" x 24" x 18". Tough screen top provides ventilation and allows uvb and infrared penetration.
- Raised bottom frame in order to fit a substrate heater; Waterproof bottom makes this tank can be used both as desert terrarium and rainforest tank.
- Front doors can open separately, easy to feed your pet and prevent escape(not suitable for ball python).
- Window ventilation on left and right, on top and right have closable inlets for wires and tubing.
- Easy to install or knock-down in 5 minutes with step by step instructions; Our glass terrariums are carefully packaged with double box of tough cardboard and thickened reinforced foam for transportation.
- Free replacement service provided for damaged parts.
REPTI ZOO 85 Gallon Reptile Glass Terrarium, 48" x 24" x 18" Pros & Cons.
- The upper metal screen provides ventilation, UV and infrared rays penetration.
- The raised bottom frame allows the installation of a substrate heater.
- The front doors can be opened separately, making it easy to feed your pet and prevent it from escaping.
- The side window improves ventilation inside the bearded dragon cage.
- Lockable inlets for wires and tubes on the top and right side.
- Waterproof bottom up to door heights.
- Easy to install or dismantle in less than 10 minutes.
- The rear of the tank consists of two glass sheets, which reduces the resistance of the tank
This excellent large reptile tank from REPTIZOO is capable of delivering high performance in terms of durability and endurance. You can also expect excellent comfort for your pet due to the great ventilation design on the top and side of the cage.
The amazing creation from REPTIZOO offers many benefits for the future owners of this premium terrarium. It also has a waterproof base, allowing easy cleaning. The elevated bottom frame permits the easy connection of a substrate heater for an extra heating source, increasing your reptile’s comfort. The cage also has front door openings which can provide quick feeding and secure enclosure. The awesome purchase is also easy to install a piece that can be ready for use after a 10-minute assembly time. This will also provide better lighting and ventilation with the side windows for your pet’s viewing and health
Best Choice for a 75 gallon Reptile Tank.
The magnificent piece features great materials that can be relied upon in performing for long-term function due to the excellent grade and tough quality they possess. The steel foundation used as base and skeleton for this prestigious piece is of high durability and capacity to consistently support the entire furniture without decline.
Carolina Custom Cages 85 Gallon Terrarium, Tall Extra-Long 48Lx18Dx24H
- Easy assembly in minutes with the help of a complete set of instructions included.
- Sliding front doors for easy access to the interior.
- Terrarium features a keyed security lock to ensure your pet's safety from unwanted access.
- 6.3" deep waterproof base allows you to create complex environments that require water spaces, elements that help conserve humidity.
- Double "box-in-box" packaging for added protection against UPS abuse.
Carolina Custom Cages 85 Gallon Terrarium, Tall Extra-Long 48Lx18Dx24H Pros & Cons.
- Dual front opening doors.
- 360 cristal clear view.
- Easy assembly.
- High quality, resistant and durable materials.
- System of double folding doors with a security lock.
- Same quality and lower price than the majority of 75 gallon reptile terrarium.
- There are no door handles to open the glass doors.
One of the best advantages of this great creation feature is the durable built that is perfect for all households. No matter what reptile your pet is, you can enjoy premium performance that ensures you get the best results in serving a good shelter for your pet. The secured entrance is also perfect in keeping your pet safe inside at all times without the risk of it breaking free without you knowing it. The spacious fixture is also perfect for you to get creative—you can add plants and fixtures to emulate your pet’s habitat or spice up his home.
There are so many things to love about this premium creation brought to us by Southern Enterprises. The creation is made to fit all home designs due to its exquisite built and color. Due to the spacious area that doubles as a table, you have the autonomy to design it with endless choices—add pebbles, figurines, plants, and other items that may fit your style to make this awesome piece becomes more beautiful and homey for your little companion.
Setting up a 75 gallon reptile tank, desert version
Temperature and Heat Sources
Like many desert reptiles, providing temperature and light are vital to thriving in captivity. To do this we will distribute heating elements and other decorations to create a cold zone at 68-77ºF and another hot zone at 95-104ºF. At night the temperature should not fall below 64-66 ºF. To achieve this temperature we can choose:
- Infrared lights.
- Ceramic lamps.
- Mercury vapor lamp.
As a backup heat source, you can choose under tank heat mat
Although there are nocturnal reptiles that are not very demanding when it comes to lighting, some desert reptiles, such as the bearded dragon, do require illumination.
Bearded dragons require solar radiation ( UVA and UVB), alternating with periods of darkness. It is recommended that these dark light cycles last 12 hours each.
To make this operation easy the best option is to connect a timer to the lamp so that when the time comes this is turned off or on as needed.
The bearded dragon’s babies and even the juveniles tend to make their depositions all over the terrarium, making the cleaning a titanic task.
At this stage of their life, we could use a newspaper or kitchen paper but we should change it daily. An easy and economical solution to this problem would be to use two ceramic tiles if they are corrugated and with a naturalistic design, much better.
For an adult, animals could be used as another type of substrates such as peat or coconut bed. I have always been an enemy of using sand in my terrariums because of the risk of ingestion in the case of calcium deficiency.
Humidity and water source
It is necessary a relative humidity of 30-40% and the availability of water to drink in suitable containers. Beware of babies that live together because stacking can cause the drowning of an animal. It is also possible in these cases to spray the terrarium with water several times a day.
The animals must be as comfortable as possible in their new home. That is why we must offer them different options to achieve it:
- Shelters so that they can hide (caves, cabins, etc.).
- Trunks (not too high) for them to climb
- Natural (non-toxic if ingested) or artificial plants.
It is very important to have a thermometer and a hygrometer to control the temperature and humidity respectively. This will ensure that the terrarium conditions are adequate.